Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is a wonderful hearty soup that is very easy to put together and tastes like you have been cooking it all day. It does make a lot so I package it up and put it in the freezer so it's ready at a moment's notice. If I'm freezing it I don't add the pasta or tortellini before freezing. Once it's thawed I add the cooked pasta and tortellini right before serving. Serve with some crusty garlic bread and a salad and your family will think you are amazing.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 2 onions, Minced
- 4 stalks celery, Minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, Minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, Undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 3 (14 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, Drained and Coarsely Chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano, Dried
- 2 teaspoons basil, Dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (45 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces cooked ditalini
- 1 lb cheese tortellini, Cooked (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove Italian Sausage from it's casing and crumble into large heavy stockpot.
- Add ground beef, onion and celery and saute over medium heat until meat is browned.
- Drain off any excess grease.
- Add Tomatoes, Garbanzo Peas, Kidney Beans, Great Northern Beans, Oregano, Basil, Salt, Black Pepper, White Pepper, Beef Broth, Tabasco Sauce and Spaghetti Sauce.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta and tortellini (if using) and gently simmer for 5 minutes.