Recipe by Chef Skie
Great high fiber soup. They have something similar at the Olive Garden, but I like this one a lot better. This is great as a leftover too. The longer it sits the better it is! I made it in the evening, and left it on low, just adding additional water, chicken broth, and tomato sauce as it cooked down. It was amazing! I also stretched it by using 1 lb of pasta rather than the 1/2 lb it called for.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) box low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb ditalini
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 lb capicola (spicy Italian ham)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, water, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and carrots. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, Capicola, salt, and pepper. Heat through.
- Serve warm topped with Parmesan cheese if desired.