Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Warms the soul :) and is easy to make.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup julienne carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 15 ounces red kidney beans, un-drained
- 15 ounces great northern beans, un-drained
- 12 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 lb ditali pasta
- Brown ground beef in a large stockpot. Drain off drippings.
- To browned beef, add onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Sauté for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta, and stir well. Simmer covered for 1 hour.
- About 50 minutes into cooking time, cook pasta in a separate saucepan, according to the directions on the package.
- Add drained pasta to the large pot of soup. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve is tender.
Made half the recipe and this is very good soup. I stored half of this in the freezer for a quick lunch in the future. Thanks for posting this keeper. Made for PAC Spring 2010.