Recipe by bernrome
This is simple to make, but very good. A friend of mine, who is a vegetarian, gave me the recipe.
Top Review by chucks_girl
this was great i changed a few things. I used navy beans instead of northern beans. I used one can stew tomatoes and then blended one can of diced tomatoes. I used bell pepper and carrots instead of zucchini (it is what I had). And I use either for the pasta either acini di pepe or pastina both found at publics. man is this ever good.
- 2 (822.13 g) can beef broth
- 453.59 g can great northern beans, rinsed & drained
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise & sliced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml dried basil leaves
- 2.46 ml dried oregano leaves
- 118.29 ml small shell pasta, uncooked
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for pasta and cheese; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook for 30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Don't overcook as pasta will disintegrate.
- Serve soup with cheese.