This is simple to make, but very good. A friend of mine, who is a vegetarian, gave me the recipe.
Make and share this Pasta Fagioli Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise & sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta, uncooked
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- In slow cooker, combine all ingredients except for pasta and cheese; mix well. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and cook for 30 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Don't overcook as pasta will disintegrate.
- Serve soup with cheese.