Recipe by Ed&Theresa
This recipe came from a Italian Restaurant in R.I. We have made a few minor changes. The best we have had yet. The amount of pepper was a typo, it has been changed.
Top Review by dgwdsmith
I had been trying to find a recipe to re-create one we had at a restaurant in Rochester NY, and this one is just as good. I used dried basil flakes instead of fresh, but followed the recipe as written. It is a winner and will now be a "go-to" recipe for me.
- 28.34 g olive oil
- 118.29 ml sweet onion
- 56.69 g prosciutto, chopped
- 4.92 ml minced garlic clove
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 396.89 g can cannellini beans
- 396.89 g can great northern beans
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 226.79 g ditalini
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and sauté the prosciutto and onions over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic cook 1 minute; add the white wine and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, beans with juice, basil and pepper. After a quick boil, reduce soup to simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- In a separate pan, bring 3 cups of lightly salted water to boil.
- Add the pasta and COOK for 5 minutes. After cooking, drain pasta and chill under cold water; put aside. Bring soup back to boil.
- Add pasta, grated cheese and salt to taste.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with cheese and serve.