1/4 Photos of Pasta Fagioli ( Rhode Island Style)
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe came from a Italian Restaurant in R.I. We have made a few minor changes. The best we have had yet. The amount of pepper was a typo, it has been changed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can great northern beans
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces ditalini
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1Heat the oil and sauté the prosciutto and onions over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add the garlic cook 1 minute; add the white wine and cook 4-5 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken broth, beans with juice, basil and pepper. After a quick boil, reduce soup to simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- 4In a separate pan, bring 3 cups of lightly salted water to boil.
- 5Add the pasta and COOK for 5 minutes. After cooking, drain pasta and chill under cold water; put aside. Bring soup back to boil.
- 6Add pasta, grated cheese and salt to taste.
- 7Garnish each bowl of soup with cheese and serve.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Fagioli ( Rhode Island Style)
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.2
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 585.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: