1 hr 30 mins
I loved Olive Garden's pasta fagioli recipe so much that I went home and tried to duplicate it and came up with this recipe. Everyone who has tried it, loves it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage, loose (mild or hot)
- 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce (I use Contadina)
- 1 can great northern bean, rinsed
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed
- 1 can white kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine (not cooking wine)
- 1 3/4-3 1/2 cups water (sauce should be soupy consistency 1 pound ditalini macaroni Saute garlic, onions, sausage and ground)
- 1Add tomato sauce, beef broth, worcestershire sauce, red wine and 1 or 2 cans water (should be soupy consistency).
- 2Simmer 1 hour.
- 3Cook ditalini macaroni according to package directions.
- 4When macaroni is just about cooked, rinse all the beans under cold water and put in pot with sauce.
- 5Simmer till heated through.
- 6Add cooked ditalini to sauce and toss to coat.
- 7Serve with crusty Italian bread.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Fagioli (Beans & Macaroni)
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.6
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 2397.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white kidney beans