Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I loved Olive Garden's pasta fagioli recipe so much that I went home and tried to duplicate it and came up with this recipe. Everyone who has tried it, loves it.
- 3 -4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, loose (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 lb ground chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce (I use Contadina)
- 1 can great northern bean, rinsed
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed
- 1 can white kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (not cooking wine)
- 1 3⁄4-3 1⁄2 cups water (sauce should be soupy consistency 1 pound ditalini macaroni Saute garlic, onions, sausage and ground)
- Add tomato sauce, beef broth, worcestershire sauce, red wine and 1 or 2 cans water (should be soupy consistency).
- Simmer 1 hour.
- Cook ditalini macaroni according to package directions.
- When macaroni is just about cooked, rinse all the beans under cold water and put in pot with sauce.
- Simmer till heated through.
- Add cooked ditalini to sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread.