Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My version is more of a thicker soup, but you can always add more juice. Found the recipe years ago and did some tweeking.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 12 ounces spicy hot V8
- 6 ounces spicy hot V8, add at end of cooking (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ditali pasta
- Saute beef in large pot until beef starts to brown.
- Drain grease and add onions, carrots, tomatoes,garlic, and celery and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients, (not the pasta) and simmer for 1 hour; season to taste.
- About 50 min into simmer, add uncooked pasta.
- While pasta cooks in the soup may need to add more v-8 as the pasta soaks up the liquid. I add another 6 oz can of V-8 while the pasta cooks.
Delicious! Although mine came out pretty thick and more like a ghoulash type dish, we still loved it! I may have added a wee bit too much pasta and that''s why the juice was quickly disappearing, ( I did add extra V8 as well, but didn't want to use too much and mess with my spices being diluted down) but we loved the overall flavor and will definitely make this one again! Thanks for sharing! Made for My 3 Chefs Fall 08'