Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 mins
Kerry found this one. Good for a crock pot recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup dried great northern beans
- 3⁄4 cup dried pinto bean
- 3⁄4 cup dried red beans
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 cups small shell pasta (in separate zippy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 lb ham, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 48 ounces Italian tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Saute veggies and ham in olive oil, set aside.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, beans and seasonings in pan and bring to boil. Cover loosely.
- Heat and simmer 2-3 hours until beans are tender. Add pasta, cook for. additional 5-7 minutes. Discard bay leaf and serve.
- For Freezing, Prepare up to the point where you add in the noodles. Freeze in ziplock and provide noodles separate.