1/2 Photos of Pasta Fagioli
You are going to love this one! This soup is chocked full of flavor and you can have it on the table in about 40 minutes. Be good to yourself and add a touch of freshly grated Parmesan cheese to top it off. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces small shell pasta (uncooked)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat until hot.
- 2Add onion and garlic to oil.
- 3Sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 4Stir in tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth, beans, parsley, basil and pepper.
- 5Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- 6Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.
- 7Add pasta.
- 8Continue to simmer, covered for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 9Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if you desire.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Fagioli
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 415.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth