Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I decided to combine two of my favorite recipes to create one terrific, easy meal. All of the ingredients are adjustable for you personal tastes.
- 6 cups beef broth or 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups vegetable broth (or 6 Cups water and 6 boullion cubes)
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 3 ounces assorted fresh vegetables or 3 ounces frozen vegetables, your choice (optional)
- parmesan cheese, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add spaghetti.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain most or all of the liquid.
- In a small pan, saute the garlic in the olive oil until golden.
- Add the red pepper flakes.
- Steam or microwave veggies.
- If they're frozen, you may choose to add them to the spaghetti a few minutes before it gets done.
- Pour the garlic olive oil over pasta and veggies.
- Toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper, if desired.
- Generously sprinkle cheese over the top and serve.