Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A light soup that can be made with things in my pantry. It is my daughter's favorite. Came from a magazine 15 years ago. I am getting old. :)
- 473.18 ml pasta, shapes
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 (793.78 g) can chicken broth
- 396.89 g diced tomatoes
- 59.14 ml packed fresh basil
- 283.49 g frozen peas
- grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta and drain.
- In a saucepan heat oil and add garlic until golden about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, basil and tomatoes with their juice and 1/2 cup water heat to boiling simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add peas and pasta and heat through.
- Serve with grated Parmesan on top.
- Serve with Garlic Bread if desired.
WONDERFUL Soup! Very fast and easy and it tastes divine. I made cheese toast to go with and ended up just dicing it up and putting it into the soup. Yummmm!