I was watching David Rocco today and he featured this recipe. I knew I had to save it here so the next time I buy prosciutto I can make this great looking dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 4 ounces prosciutto or 4 ounces salami, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 celery, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 10 ounces tomato puree
- 10 ounces spaghetti, broken in small pieces
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmigiano, freshly grated
- 1Heat up extra virgin olive oil in a deep saucepan. Add prosciutto or salami and cook until crisp.
- 2To make the 'soffritto', add vegetables, salt, black pepper and chili pepper. Saute until the onion becomes soft, then add potatoes. Stir to prevent the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
- 3Add water and tomato puree. Add spaghetti to the pot. Mix together well and add pecorino cheese.
- 4Add water, a little at a time periodically and cook for a few minutes until the soup is creamy and thickened.
- 5Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmigiano cheese. Allow to cool and thicken, Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for PASTa E PATATE
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.9
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 55.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: