1/3 Photos of Pasta E Fagioli (Italian soup) with Italian Sausage
A delicious version of this popular Italian soup. Adding the sausage (regular or turkey) makes it a satisfying meal if served with a nice warm baguette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled & chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage links or 1 lb hot Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled (can use turkey sausage)
- 2 teaspoons dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups canned chopped tomatoes with juice
- 3 -4 cups vegetable stock or 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can progresso cannellini beans
- 1 cup ditalini or 1 cup small shell pasta
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- parmesan cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in a large heavy pot over medium high heat.
- 2Cook onion in oil 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in garlic, celery and carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Add and brown crumbled sausage.
- 5Add basil, oregano and red pepper.
- 6Toss to coat.
- 7Stir in tomatoes and stock.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- 10If necessary, add an additional cup of stock or water and stir in beans and tiny pasta.
- 11Simmer for 6- 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- 12Stir in parsley and serve hot with grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta E Fagioli (Italian soup) with Italian Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.1
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 1522.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 26.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: