1/1 Photo of Pasta E Fagioli II
Beans and Pasta
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the beans over gentle heat for 45 minutes or an hour at the most (an hour-and-a-half if they are dried, after soaking in water, together with the herbs and garlic, for a couple of hours). In either case, do not add salt which tends to harden the skins.
- 2Puree by putting through a vegetable mill, carefully eliminating the husks.
- 3Put the garlic, rosemary, sage and cubed bacon to saute briefly in a saucepan with 4 tablespoons of oil.
- 4Pour on the bean puree. Season lightly with salt and the red hot pepper to taste. Stir to blend the flavours and bring slowly to the boil.
- 5Throw the pasta into the puree and cook until firm, diluting with a little of the bean cooking water, but only if necessary - the soup must be thick and rather solid.
- 6It is excellent hot, but is absolutely delicious if heated up with the addition of a drop of first-rate olive oil.
- 7If you prefer, leave a few beans whole and add them to the saucepan with the puree. Some cooks hold that a carrot is not out of place in the mirepoix (but then cut out the bacon), or that the soup loses nothing if you add a little tomato, even tomato concentrate (paste).
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta E Fagioli II
Serving Size: 1 (1293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1871.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 183.4 mg
- Sodium 277.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 324.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 51.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 100.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: