1 hr 50 mins
na #2's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1/2 lb crumbled and cooked hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb crumbled and cooked ground beef
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme, to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 lb cooked penne or 1/2 lb mostaccioli pasta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese or 1 cup Fontina cheese
- 1Saute sausage, beef, onions, garlic, oregano and thyme.
- 2Add tomatoes, juice, paste and cayenne.
- 3Simmer for 5 minutes, then add beans.
- 4Combine with pasta and parmesan.
- 5Spoon into casserole dish and top with mozzarella or fontina and bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 6This dish may be frozen prior to baking, but be sure to thaw it in the fridge for 24 hours before baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta E Fagioli Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.5
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 618.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 19.8 g