1/1 Photo of Pasta E Fagioli
Anna P.'s Note:
A great tasting Soup, and pretty easy to make, has great color, great with some crusty italian bread. I made my own chicken stock so calories was more. Enjoy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini or 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ditalini or 1/2 cup other small shell pasta
- 1/2 lb swiss chard leaves or 1/2 lb spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- parmesan cheese
- 1Warm the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and garlic.
- 3Cook,stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
- 4Add the broth, tomatoes (with juice),beans, and pasta.
- 5Cook,stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
- 6Add the Swiss chard and salt.
- 7Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes longer, or until the swiss chard is wilted.
- 8For added flavor, sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese and black pepper on the pasta e fagiole just before serving.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta E Fagioli
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 335.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth