Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low-sodium tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2⁄3 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄2 lb spinach, cleaned,stems removed and leaves chopped
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 lb ziti pasta, cooked al dente
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Saute onion, garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper& celery for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Reduce heat and add tomatoes (w/juice)& beans.
- Cover& simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach, basil, salt& pepper and simmer 15 more minutes.
- Toss with additional chopped basil to taste and serve over pasta (optional).