Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love this soup! I adapted this recipe because it's just my husband and I so I made it smaller than most recipes for this soup.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup small shell pasta
- Brown & drain ground beef.
- Add onion & carrot, cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic & spices; mix thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, & beans.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add uncooked pasta & cook for another 10-12 minutes.
Very nice! I saw tomatoes mentioned in the directions but not in the ingredients so I used 1 (14.5 oz) can diced (petite diced as I don't like big chunks of tomato). The only thing I changed was shredded carrot instead of chopped and I reduced the salt by just a little because I had some very flavorful broth and it didn't need too much extra salt. This will make great lunches for the coming week. Thanks for sharing!