If you love the Olive Garden restaraunt, this is a copycat recipe of their pasta fagiole soup. It is very close but not exact. I got this from topsecretrecipes.com. I'm sure you'll love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (julienned)
- 1 cup celery (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canscanned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces kidney beans (canned with liquid)
- 15 ounces great northern beans (canned with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 24 ounces v- 8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 lb ditali pasta
- In a large pot, brown the beef, and then drain the fat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, saute over med-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except pasta, Simmer for an hour.
- About 50 minutes into the simmering, cook the pasta in a seperate pot until al dente, drain, and add to the soup.
- Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite bread and salad and enjoy.