Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you love the Olive Garden restaraunt, this is a copycat recipe of their pasta fagiole soup. It is very close but not exact. I got this from topsecretrecipes.com. I'm sure you'll love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (julienned)
- 1 cup celery (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canscanned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces kidney beans (canned with liquid)
- 15 ounces great northern beans (canned with liquid)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 24 ounces v- 8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 lb ditali pasta
- In a large pot, brown the beef, and then drain the fat.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, saute over med-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except pasta, Simmer for an hour.
- About 50 minutes into the simmering, cook the pasta in a seperate pot until al dente, drain, and add to the soup.
- Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes. Serve with your favorite bread and salad and enjoy.
This was really good. I expected a little more soup, but got a thick sauce instead - next time I'll add more liquid ingredients to make it a little thinner
Made for Fall, '09 PAC. DH says, "When I go for seconds it's got to be good!" We both had seconds and there is a ton left over for freezing and sharing. This was absolutely delicious. I have been looking for a Pasta Fagiole recipe and none ever sounded just right. This is just right alright and then some. So easy to make and sooo good going down. Can't wait to have it again when the autumn leaves are falling and the snow is blowing. Thank you so much, aimbrulee, for sharing this wonderful recipe. P.S. DH thanks you, too. Sue
We haven't even eaten this yet, it's still sitting on the stove waiting to be eaten, but I had to review it. This soup is SO yummy. I've been "taste testing" for the last hour while it's simmered and I can't believe how close this is to Olive Garden's!! I added some sliced and quartered zucchini to it, because I am pretty sure they add that also. 5 Stars here. I've got Mozzarella filled breadsticks and fresh grated Parmesan just waiting to be added!! Thanks so much for a fantastic recipe!!!