1/1 Photo of Pasta E Fagioli
This is Sylvana's famous recipe and my grandson's favourite meal. It is wonderful comfort food ready in 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 slices pancetta, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can romano beans
- 6 ounces ditali pasta
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1Heat oil in a soup pot and sauté onions, garlic, pancetta, salt and pepper until golden, about 5 minutes.
- 2Stir in tomato paste, chicken broth and beans.
- 3Simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain and add to soup.
- 5Heat mixture for another 10 minutes.
- 6Ladle in bowls and top with grated cheese.
- 7Tip: Bacon can be used instead of pancetta but you won't get that same authentic flavour.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta E Fagioli
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.8
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 1689.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: