Recipe by Sage
This is Sylvana's famous recipe and my grandson's favourite meal. It is wonderful comfort food ready in 30 minutes.
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 slices pancetta, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (19 ounce) can romano beans
- 6 ounces ditali pasta
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a soup pot and sauté onions, garlic, pancetta, salt and pepper until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, chicken broth and beans.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain and add to soup.
- Heat mixture for another 10 minutes.
- Ladle in bowls and top with grated cheese.
- Tip: Bacon can be used instead of pancetta but you won't get that same authentic flavour.