Recipe by Sydney Mike
This Italian soup recipe is posted as I prepare to go on Zaar's World Tour 4!
Top Review by IngridH
Fantastic Meal! Made as directed except that I used chicken broth instead of vegetable, and fresh parsley instead of dried. I served with some smoked Italian sausage and a green salad to complete the meal. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 1⁄8 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) box macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, saute onion, celery, carrots, prosciutto, garlic & olive oil until onions are transparent.
- Add broth, beans, cayenne pepper, basil, parsley, sugar, tomato juice & vinegar, then season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, then lower temperature & simmer 1 hour.
- About half way through this cooking time, cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Add pasta to serving bowls & ladle soup on top.