Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This takes a while but is GORGEOUS!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 cup pasta (your favourite)
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- Brown chicken in a frying pan with fresh basil. Do not cook through, just brown it.
- In a large stockpot, add onion, carrot and garlic and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, including the chicken but except the pasta, and simmer covered for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Remove 1/2 of the beans, carrots, onion, and all of the chicken.
- Blend the remaining stock with a hand blender.
- Return the chicken, beans, carrots and onion.
- Add the pasta and cook for a further 15 minutes.