Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe has been around for ages in our family. It is different to the other pasta and bean recipes but it is a real experience. You will love it!
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 250 g dry Italian sausage
- 400 g diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 400 g cooked borlotti beans
- bay leaf
- 500 g fresh fettuccine pasta
- olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- Remove skin from sausage and cut into bite size pieces.
- Place 2 tablespoon of oil into a heavy base saucepan and on low heat saute chopped onion, crushed garlic and sausage until soft.
- Add diced tomato,tomato paste and a little water and simmer for 30 mintues. Stir occasionally and add a little extra water if necessary.
- Add beans, salt, pepper, crushed bay leaf, parsley and basil. Simmer for a further 20 mintues. Stir occasionally and add extra water if required. Taste the sauce and add seasonings to your taste.
- Cook fettucine as per directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place fettucine in a large serving bowl and add sauce. Toss the fettucine until it is well blended with the sauce.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.