This recipe has been around for ages in our family. It is different to the other pasta and bean recipes but it is a real experience. You will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove skin from sausage and cut into bite size pieces.
- 2Place 2 tablespoon of oil into a heavy base saucepan and on low heat saute chopped onion, crushed garlic and sausage until soft.
- 3Add diced tomato,tomato paste and a little water and simmer for 30 mintues. Stir occasionally and add a little extra water if necessary.
- 4Add beans, salt, pepper, crushed bay leaf, parsley and basil. Simmer for a further 20 mintues. Stir occasionally and add extra water if required. Taste the sauce and add seasonings to your taste.
- 5Cook fettucine as per directions. Drain and set aside.
- 6Place fettucine in a large serving bowl and add sauce. Toss the fettucine until it is well blended with the sauce.
- 7Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta E Fagioli
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.5
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.8 mg
- Sodium 1124.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 37.1 g