Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe has been around for ages in our family. It is different to the other pasta and bean recipes but it is a real experience. You will love it!
- Remove skin from sausage and cut into bite size pieces.
- Place 2 tablespoon of oil into a heavy base saucepan and on low heat saute chopped onion, crushed garlic and sausage until soft.
- Add diced tomato,tomato paste and a little water and simmer for 30 mintues. Stir occasionally and add a little extra water if necessary.
- Add beans, salt, pepper, crushed bay leaf, parsley and basil. Simmer for a further 20 mintues. Stir occasionally and add extra water if required. Taste the sauce and add seasonings to your taste.
- Cook fettucine as per directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place fettucine in a large serving bowl and add sauce. Toss the fettucine until it is well blended with the sauce.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.