Recipe by MissGolightly
Easy to make 'italian chili' using store-bought or leftover homemade spaghetti sauce.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2⁄3 cup celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, cut to bite size
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (add 1t then add more to taste)
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (water packed)
- 1 (16 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans
- 3⁄4 cup ditalini, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary (or to taste)
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and breakup ground beef.
- Add onion, celery and carrot cook until onion is clear.
- Add garlic cook 1 minute.
- Add salt, spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, kidney beans, rosemary, red pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Adjust seasonings to desired level.
- Add ditalini and cook 10 minutes longer.
- To make a thinner soup (more juice to dip) add more chicken broth.