Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great for a cold day.
Make and share this Pasta E Fagioli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 link hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 15 ounces great dry northern white beans, drained
- 15 ounces tomato juice
- 12 ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (15 ounce) can beef broth
- cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 lb ditali pasta (or other quality brand)
- Remove sausage from casing and brown along with beef.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add onions, celery, carrot, garlic, and saute for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta and wine, and simmer 1 hour.
- Add additional beef broth if soup is too thick for your taste.
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and stir in with wine.
- Serve with a decent garlic bread and ceasar salad for an complete meal.