Recipe by Big Sis
This is my son's favorite soup. He thinks it tastes just like Olive Gardens. Never any leftovers with this soup. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 lb ditali pasta, al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the hamburger, drain off the fat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sauté until onion is clear (approx 10 minutes).
- Add everything else except pasta, and simmer on low for one hour.
- I add the pasta and simmer for 5-10 minutes, however, if you are not going to eat this right away, keep the pasta seperate so the pasta does not soak up all the sauce.