We love Pancetta and pasta, so when I see a recipe with some of my favorite ingredients, I jump. This is a great and easy dish from "Cooking with the Soprano's."
- In large pot, cook pancetta in oil over medium heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook until garlic is golden.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes and parsley, bring to a simmer, and cook 15 minutes.
- Crush some of the chickpeas with the back of a spoon.
- Add 4 cups water to pot and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and salt to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until pasta is al dente, tender yet still firm to the bite.
- Add more water if necessary to prevent pasta from sticking to bottom of pot.
- The consistency should be just loose enough to require eating with a spoon.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with coarsely ground black pepper.