This is total Portuguese comfort food. My mom used to make this soup all the time and it brings back a lot of happy memories when I make a batch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup dry elbow shaped pasta
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1Heat a stock pot with cooking spray and a little white wine.
- 2Saute the celery, onion and garlic.
- 3Add tomato and parsley, chick peas, remaining wine and chicken stock.
- 4Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- 5Remove 1 cup of chick pea mixture and process what is in the pot.
- 6Return the cup of chick peas to the pot with pasta and cooked covered for 20 minutes more, stirring often.
- 7Add salt, pepper and vinegar (if desired) to taste.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta E Ceci (Chickpea Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.2
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 759.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 14.1 g