Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is total Portuguese comfort food. My mom used to make this soup all the time and it brings back a lot of happy memories when I make a batch.
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup dry elbow shaped pasta
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Heat a stock pot with cooking spray and a little white wine.
- Saute the celery, onion and garlic.
- Add tomato and parsley, chick peas, remaining wine and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of chick pea mixture and process what is in the pot.
- Return the cup of chick peas to the pot with pasta and cooked covered for 20 minutes more, stirring often.
- Add salt, pepper and vinegar (if desired) to taste.