Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is total Portuguese comfort food. My mom used to make this soup all the time and it brings back a lot of happy memories when I make a batch.
- 3 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup dry elbow shaped pasta
- salt and pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed and minced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Heat a stock pot with cooking spray and a little white wine.
- Saute the celery, onion and garlic.
- Add tomato and parsley, chick peas, remaining wine and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of chick pea mixture and process what is in the pot.
- Return the cup of chick peas to the pot with pasta and cooked covered for 20 minutes more, stirring often.
- Add salt, pepper and vinegar (if desired) to taste.