Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Personal favorite. Great mix of all-purpose flour and semolina or durum wheat. You can find semolina in the grocery baking section with specialty flours. Can be made ahead or frozen. Cook time is resting time.
- 7⁄8 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting work surface
- 1⁄2 cup semolina
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 extra large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine sifted flour and semolina in a bowl with the salt; make a well in the center of mixture and add eggs and olive oil.
- With two fingers, mix in a circular pattern until all the flour is incorporated; avoid overmixing for a tender dough.
- Scrape dough from bowl onto a floured surface; knead gently until dough is smooth; form into a disk, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- May be frozen at this point up to one month; thaw in refrigerator.