Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 mins
You really cant taste the spinach but it's goodness is loaded in this pasta-easy to get past the kids! I've put the resting time in with the prep time below.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed,drained and squeezed as dry as humanly possible
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Take your spinach and either chop it to almost nothing or put in a blender/processor and whirl to fine-squeeze again.
- In a large glass bowl add spinach, eggs, salt and oil.
- Mix well.
- Slowly fork in flour-mix well.
- Turn onto a floured board or counter and kneed to a smooth ball, around 10 minutes.
- Wrap in waxed paper and let rest for 30 minutes.
- At this point follow your pasta maker's instructions for rolling (manual machine) or flour your counter, cut dough to manageable pieces and roll to desired thickness and cut to desired shape.
very good! i made it by blanching fresh spinach. i halved the recipe and it ended up making about 25 ravioli. i made it with a food processor by just throwing in the spinach and egg first and then adding the rest until it came together. i stuffed it with spinach and cheese and topped with alfredo sauce.
all the kids loved it. I used this for ravioli, lasagna and spagetii.!
This was a very easy recipe, and it tasted great. I used whole wheat flour, which might have made it a bit harder to work with, but I didn't have too much trouble.