Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
I make homemade pasta all the time. A nice addition to this would be to add tomato powder or paste for a red pasta.
- 2 1⁄4-2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large glass or plastic bowl combine 1 cup flour and remaining ingredients.
- With a mixer on low speed beat 2 minutes, scraping the bowl.
- You can do this part by hand.
- With a wooden spoon stir in enough additional flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- cover dough and let rest 30 minutes.
- Follow pasta machine instructions at this point, or lightly flour your counter and rolling pin, cut dough down to manageable size and roll, turn, roll, turn until desired thickness.
- Cut to desired shape.
I prepared this recipe last night for supper. My yougest daughter loved the noodles!
I asked for a pasta machine at Christmas and received one. I have been staring at it for 2 months and finally decided to take the plunge. This is the first pasta dough I have ever made and see no reason to look for other recipes. It was easy even for a beginner and tasted great!
Thanks so much for my 'go to' pasta recipe!
Easy and simple to make. Good flavor. I will use this again and again. Thanks for sharing.