This recipe is from a local Italian restaurant. The chef was kind enough to share it with us after we had dined there one evening. I've made it twice since then and though I don't think mine is as good as theirs, Mark and the kids seem to enjoy it. There are never any leftovers. **It has been noted that I didn't give specific directions for the cheese sauce. I use 1/2 cup milk to 1/4 cup shredded cheese, usually a mild cheddar or a mozzarella, but you can use your preference***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons garlic butter
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced
- 3 cups yellow squash, sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno (minced)
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers (diced)
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers (diced)
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato (diced)
- 1/2 cup baby carrots (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup mushroom (quartered)
- 1 cup broccoli (Small Florets)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup cheese sauce
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1Sauté the zucchini, squash, carrots, onion, jalapeño, peppers and broccoli in garlic butter until they start to get tender.
- 2Add the mushrooms, seasoned salt and Tabasco and sauté until the mushrooms are tender.
- 3Slowly add the cheese sauce and the marinara and toss until all is mixed and hot.
- 4Thoroughly cook the bow tie pasta, then drain.
- 5Toss in skillet with other mixture.
- 6Pour contents of the skillet into a pasta bowl.
- 7Rim with garlic salt and chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Di Verdure Del Formaggio (Vegetable Cheese Pasta)
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 271.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: