Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from a local Italian restaurant. The chef was kind enough to share it with us after we had dined there one evening. I've made it twice since then and though I don't think mine is as good as theirs, Mark and the kids seem to enjoy it. There are never any leftovers. **It has been noted that I didn't give specific directions for the cheese sauce. I use 1/2 cup milk to 1/4 cup shredded cheese, usually a mild cheddar or a mozzarella, but you can use your preference***
- 3 tablespoons garlic butter
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced
- 3 cups yellow squash, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno (minced)
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers (diced)
- 3 tablespoons red bell peppers (diced)
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (quartered)
- 1 cup broccoli (Small Florets)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cheese sauce
- 1⁄4 cup marinara sauce
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta, cooked
- Sauté the zucchini, squash, carrots, onion, jalapeño, peppers and broccoli in garlic butter until they start to get tender.
- Add the mushrooms, seasoned salt and Tabasco and sauté until the mushrooms are tender.
- Slowly add the cheese sauce and the marinara and toss until all is mixed and hot.
- Thoroughly cook the bow tie pasta, then drain.
- Toss in skillet with other mixture.
- Pour contents of the skillet into a pasta bowl.
- Rim with garlic salt and chopped parsley.