Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Again...I am not a huge pasta eater, but this is so darn good!
Make and share this Pasta Della California recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 3 cups broccoli, tops cut into small florettes, stalks sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced (yes 8, that's not a typo!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice from one lime, depending on the juiciness of your lime)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes fresh black pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula leaves
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced into 1 inch chunks
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and prep all your ingredients while the water boils, because this dish comes together in no time. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook as per package directions, usually about 10 minutes. In the last minute of cooking you will be adding the broccoli, so keep that in mind.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil garlic, lime zest and red pepper flakes and gently heat, stirring often for about 2 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the wine and bring the heat up reduce the wine, about 2 minutes. Add the vegetable broth, lime juice, salt and fresh black pepper and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to simmer and add the arugula.
- By this point the pasta should be almost done so add the broccoli and cook for one more minute. Drain in a colander.
- When the arugula is wilted add the broccoli and pasta to the pan and use a pasta spoon to toss it around, making sure to get everything coated in garlic, for about 3 more minutes. Add the avocado and turn the heat off. Gently toss the pasta to incorporate the avocado without smushing it just until it is warmed through, about a minute. Serve with generous doses of fresh black pepper. There is usually a lot of garlic left in the pan, so be sure to spoon that over your bowls of pasta.
My son in law made this and threw in several meatless meatballs and some chopped walnuts on top.....delicious!
This is from page 192 of Veganomicon and man it is amazing! I was out of arugula so subbed in slices of red chard and it worked just fine. Can't wait to try it with arugula, though. Double batch it, it disappears FAST!