1/2 Photos of Pasta Da Vinci Sauce
Chef #982539's Note:
This is a WONDERFUL recipe that was created out of several of my other favorite italian recipes. Everytime I make it for someone new their response is generally something similar to, "wow, you should open an Italian restaraunt if you always cook like this!" Best part is, it's a fairly easy recipe! I put this over plain pasta, pasta with cheese, pasta and sliced chicken breast, broiled chicken with asparagus and mozzarella, breaded chicken...almost anything!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces sliced mushrooms (I prefer to use Morels or Shitake, but Portabellos are good, too.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can beef broth or 1 (16 ounce) can consomme
- 2 cups madeira wine or 2 cups marsala wine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- ground pepper
- 1Over med. heat, sautee sliced mushrooms in 2 T. olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add broth and wine to mushrooms and bring to a slow boil. Let sauce boil for about 15 minutes or until it starts to reduce and the "alcohol smell" from the wine has cooked out.
- 3*Optional: the longer you simmer this part of the sauce, the richer and more flavorful it will become.
- 4*This is the point you would want to start boiling your pasta.
- 5Lower heat to medium again and once the sauce stops boiling, add the cream cheese and butter, whisking it together as it melts.
- 6Whisk in remaining ingredients and stir until smooth and creamy.
- 7Pour over your favorite pasta and/or chicken breast and serve. It is SINFUL topped with Mozzarella and broiled for just a few minutes to brown the cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Da Vinci Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.3
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 508.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g