Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another basic in the Italian repertoire, this is very much like an Alfredo sauce and makes enough for one pound of pasta. It is also super-fast, ready in about 10 minutes. If you don't like peas, you can simply omit them, and you will essentially have an Alfredo sauce! Clearly, this recipe is not for the diet-conscious.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb cooked pasta
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, warm the cream, milk, salt, and pepper. Add the cooked pasta, Parmesan, and peas and stir until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes. Serve.
This recipe is so easy to do. Me and DH thought that something was missing. DH said maybe more parmesan would be great. But my son loved this recipe. Thanks Jackie :) Made for Newest Zaar tag