This is a good freezer recipe so that you can make one for today and one for the future.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral shaped pasta (, I use rotini)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic in butter until crisp-tender.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Drain the pasta and add to the vegetable mix.
- 5Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 6Transfer into two 8 x 8 inch baking dishes that are greased.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese.
- 8Cover and freeze one for up to 1 month.
- 9Cover and bake the second one at 350º for 20 minutes.
- 10Uncover and bake for 5 minutes more.
- 11To use the frozen casserole, put in the refridgerator for 24 hours.
- 12Take out of fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- 13Bake at 350º for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Crab Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.3
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 27.7 g
- Cholesterol 140.7 mg
- Sodium 2565.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 35.4 g