Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a good freezer recipe so that you can make one for today and one for the future.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral shaped pasta (, I use rotini)
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions, mushrooms, green pepper and garlic in butter until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta and add to the vegetable mix.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer into two 8 x 8 inch baking dishes that are greased.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and freeze one for up to 1 month.
- Cover and bake the second one at 350º for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 5 minutes more.
- To use the frozen casserole, put in the refridgerator for 24 hours.
- Take out of fridge 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350º for 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
I used 1 large onion, some EVOO instead of butter, and mozzarella instead of cheddar cheese. My husband said it was the best pasta dish I've ever made. Thanks for the recipe!
Good stuff! I used everything the recipe called for and then added a jar of alfredo sauce!
We found this recipe to be very bland. It seemed to need some pizazz. I added Italian stewed tomatoes to what was left and also to the one that was frozen.