- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 anchovies, drained and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fennel leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon raisins, soaked in boiling water for 10 min and drained
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) can sardines, drained
- 12 ounces bucatini pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the anchovies; saute, stirring over low heat until dissolved.
- Add fennel, pine nuts, raisins and sardines; heat through, stirring gently, about 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water, until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and toss with sauce.