Recipe by KsuKitty
This is a healthier take on Pasta Con Broccoli. An extremely delicious, yet rich, pasta dish. Enjoy!
Top Review by Gadgetsmidnight
Found this to be a delightful dish. I did substitute spaghetti for the fettuccini because of health issues and this was the only style I had available. My hubby found this recipe just OK, but wouldn't elaborate on why, hence the 4 stars. I will probably cut this recipe in half and make it just for myself when he is away. Thanks for sharing KsuKitty. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 1 head broccoli, broken into bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 lb fettuccine
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash nutmeg
- white pepper
- salt and black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta for 5 minutes; drain.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except parmesan cheese to large skillet.
- Cook about 10 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Add pasta water to pan until you see it coming up through pasta.
- Add cheese to thicken.