Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
We really enjoy this recipe. Good meatless main meal or serve with chicken breast.
- 1⁄2 lb shell pasta, uncooked
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli florets or 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook shell pasta in boiling water until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Cook broccoli until barely tender and drain.
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in butter.
- Mix all ingredients, except pasta and broccoli. Simmer over low heat until sauce begins to thicken. Stir in pasta and broccoli. Will thicken as it sets.