Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a neat cross between a pasta dish and a chili dish. Kids love it. Great if you need a quick, delicious weekday meal.
- 190 g packages medium egg noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (540 ml) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (796 ml) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (398 ml) can tomato sauce
- 1 (398 ml) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- When cooked, drain and return to pot to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in large frying pan brown beef with onion.
- Drain fat.
- Add next 8 ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Toss meat mixture with hot noodles and serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese.
Delicious quick and easy. Ok so I'm a chicken and only used 1 tsp of chili powder but it was just the right amount of 'hot' for my family. I used fresh fettucine pasta and other than the smaller amount of chili powder followed the recipe to a T. Thanks for posting.
I made a few slight changes to the recipe to suit our tastes and we really enjoyed this meal. I used a whole box of elbow macaroni, I omitted the onions (I'm not a fan of onions), I used dices tomatoes rather than whole and I substituted the spices for about 3/4 package of taco seasoning. Easy quick meal. I also did add the kidney bean. Thanks for a great idea.
Thanks M&Mers for posting this recipe. My husband enjoyed this and so did one of my children and I. Not sure why but the can measurements were confusing with the way the cans were here in US supermarkets. As others have posted this makes a lot but we have slated it for 2 meals for 4. If others need can size help this is what we used 12oz pkg egg noodles 1 lb ground turkey 1 can (15.5 oz) kidney beans 1 can (15.5 oz)DICED tomatoes 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce I can (15.25 oz) corn niblets same spices and cheese amounts. If you like it saucier add more as we used less than called for. It was definitely a meal we will make on a weekday again. ChefDLH