Recipe by Sage
You will be delighted with this recipe; make it for 4 or for a crowd.|if you love lasagna, try this easy, healthy version.
- 1 onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon harissa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onion and garlic in a little oil for approx 3 - 4 mins.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, basil and season with some black pepper and the sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While your tomato sauce is cooking, cook your pasta.
- Combine cooked pasta, chicken and tomato sauce; set aside.
- Mix together cottage cheese, egg and Parmesan cheese.
- Spray casserole with Pam. Spoon in 1/2 of your chicken pasta. Spread with cottage cheese mixture. Add 1/2cup shredded cheese. Spoon on remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle on 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 45 minutes.