1/1 Photo of Pasta Chicken Taco Bake
1 hr 25 mins
This is a very tasty casserole, I have only made this using penne pasta, but you can of coarse use any kind of pasta that you desire, make certain to use a pasta that will hold up well when cooked a second time in the oven, and only cook the pasta until just fork-tender, as it will cook more in the oven, don't cook it to the same texture that you would if you were using it immediately, just drop into boiling water and cook until JUST a bit tender. If you are using low-sodium chicken broth in place of the water, make certain to season with salt and pepper (if using) towards the end of cooking in the frypan. If you prefer a more spicy taste, then add in a finely chopped jalapeño pepper for extra heat! Serve this with a side salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 -10 ounces penne pasta (cooked to only firm-tender, drained and set aside)
- 2 lbs uncooked ground chicken (can use ground beef also)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste, but good to use!)
- 1 1/2 cups water (more if needed, can use low-sodium chicken broth in place of water if desired, or use half of each)
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix (or use my own Kittencal's Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 2 (11 ounce) cans whole kernel corn (use the corn mixed with sweet peppers if possible)
- 2 1/2 cups sliced pitted olives (use the large green pimento-stuffed, also you can use black)
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 1 1/4 cups salsa (or to taste)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chili peppers, drained
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1Grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
- 2In a skillet cook the ground chicken with onion and garlic until brown.
- 3Stir in water (or chicken broth if using) and taco seasoning mix; bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10-12 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in cooked pasta, corn, olives and half of the shredded cheese, salsa, chile peppers and green bell pepper (if using); mix to combine.
- 5Transfer the mixture to a prepared baking dish.
- 6Set oven to 350°F.
- 7Bake covered for about 35 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- 8Return to oven and bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta Chicken Taco Bake
Serving Size: 1 (604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.9
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 165.2 mg
- Sodium 1635.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 54.4 g