Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recreation of one of my favorite dishes at a local brewpub.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 skinless chicken breast half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce (use Pesto (Food Processor))
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and diced
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in plenty of boiling, salted water. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, cook the mushrooms over medium high heat in a dry skillet, until they have given off liquid, and it evaporates.
- Add the pine nuts and cook until they are toasted.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes (this works better if it is just slightly frozen. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet, and then cooking the chicken until no longer pink.
- Add the mixture from the skillet, and the pesto, to the pasta in the pot, and toss well.
- Add the diced tomato just before serving.