Recipe by dicentra
This recipe originally appeared in Rachael Ray's Cooking Rocks! 30-Minute Meals for Kids, but I got it from Everyday with RR. This one is for MY little one! And her daddy. LOL.
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pasta (shells or elbows)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a big pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Separate the broccoli into small trees by pulling them apart. Trim off the woody stems of your trees so you can break them up.
- Put the broccoli florets (trees) into a pot and add water enough to just cover the tops.
- The broccoli should cook about 5 minutes once the water comes to a boil. Drain.
- When the pasta water boils, put 4 pinches of salt into the pot and add pasta. Cook to al dente (that's Italian for "done but still with a bite to it"), according to package directions.
- Pour oil and butter into a deep frying pan and heat it up over low heat. When the butter melts, add the garlic and cook it 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the garlic.
- Drain the pasta and add to broccoli. Add the ricotta and grated cheese, and have the GH stir it all up in the big frying pan.
- Add a little salt and pepper and taste the pasta and trees to see how the seasoning is.