1/1 Photo of Pasta, Cheese and Trees
This recipe originally appeared in Rachael Ray's Cooking Rocks! 30-Minute Meals for Kids, but I got it from Everyday with RR. This one is for MY little one! And her daddy. LOL.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb broccoli floret
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pasta (shells or elbows)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese or 1/2 cup romano cheese
- 1Put a big pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- 2Separate the broccoli into small trees by pulling them apart. Trim off the woody stems of your trees so you can break them up.
- 3Put the broccoli florets (trees) into a pot and add water enough to just cover the tops.
- 4The broccoli should cook about 5 minutes once the water comes to a boil. Drain.
- 5When the pasta water boils, put 4 pinches of salt into the pot and add pasta. Cook to al dente (that's Italian for "done but still with a bite to it"), according to package directions.
- 6Pour oil and butter into a deep frying pan and heat it up over low heat. When the butter melts, add the garlic and cook it 5 minutes.
- 7Add the broccoli to the garlic.
- 8Drain the pasta and add to broccoli. Add the ricotta and grated cheese, and have the GH stir it all up in the big frying pan.
- 9Add a little salt and pepper and taste the pasta and trees to see how the seasoning is.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pasta, Cheese and Trees
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 699.7
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 331.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.1 g