Recipe by MarylandMomof3
This tastes like cheddar mac & cheese with chicken and broccoli thrown in. Recipe taken from San Giorgio pasta box.
- 226.79 g rigatoni pasta
- 946.36 ml fresh broccoli florets
- 44.37 ml butter
- 78.07 ml finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 453.59 g chicken breast, boneless, skinless cut in 1/2-inch chunks (I used 2 C cooked chicken)
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 473.18 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 177.44 ml grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add onion and garlic. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, cook until no longer pink. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; DO NOT BROWN.
- Add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture boils. Reduce heat to low; add 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese melts.
- Toss hot pasta and broccoli with sauce; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve immediately.