Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good for hungry families and covered dish suppers :)
- 500 g minced beef (ground beef)
- 500 g dry pasta (US-1 16 oz box)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 142 g tomato paste (2/3 cup)
- 1 red chile, deseeded and chopped finely (1 teaspoon pureed)
- 142 g sour cream (2/3 cup)
- 142 g soft cheese (US-Cream Cheese 2/3 cup)
- 150 ml milk (2/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese, to top
- Cook pasta until just done (not mushy).
- Brown Beef with garlic and chili.
- Add salt, brown sugar, tomato paste, 2/3 cup of water, stir well, simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix Sour Cream, Soft Cheese, milk, dill, egg, flour well.
- Layer cream sauce/pasta/meat/pasta/cream/meat.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350f or 200c for 30 minute.
- Take off foil, top with cheese, cook another 5 min, or until cheese is nice and bubbly
- Note: Nice additions: Any Italian meats, feta cheese, fresh herbs in the cream mix (oregano, rosemary, thyme), green onions, zucchini/courgettes, eggplant (saute first) -- you get the idea I'm sure.