Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I happened upon this recipe on the web while searching for dishes using leftover ham. Because of the creamy texture, I like to use a pasta with lines to get as much of it as possible! Personally, I would add peas, but they're not allowed in the house. So I accompany this with a large leafy salad. Very quick, very easy.
- 12 ounces of your favorite pasta (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 4 1⁄2 ounces canned mushrooms (drained)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cubed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham (cubed)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Using a large saucepan, Sauté onions & mushrooms.
- Stir in cream cheese and milk. Continue stirring over low heat until cheese melts and sauce is creamy.
- Add ham and pasta and cook at medium heat until heated through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
I made this for dinner tonight and it was a huge success with the kids! I used country ham and it turned out really great. My husband and I really liked it too although next time, I think I will add white wine for a little more flavor. A caesar salad and french bread made this an easy, delicious, filling weekday meal. Thanks for sharing!
AWESOME! I added leftover spinach I had mixed with Monterey cheese & butter from Easter along with leftover ham. I left out the onions and mushrooms for my picky family (although I'm certain it would be 6 stars with those additions!) So simple and a terrific way to use up leftovers! Great taste, all in one dish and quick.... I love it! TY